Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

VIRAL/ M.I.A

'Born Free' by M.I.A













M.I.A has an uncanny knack for generating attention and the controversial video for her new single is no exception.

It's been out for about a day and already, 'Born Free', has set the internet abuzz because of the music video accompanying it. The clip features army soldiers and law enforcement officers rounding up and killing anyone with red hair in violently graphic detail. A lot of people have reacted negatively to the clip despite the statement M.I.A's trying to make.  Only time will tell how this affects M.I.A's phenomenal popularity.


Is the creator of hit 'Paper Planes' on the mark yet again, or has she gone too far in her quest for political comment?
Let us know below!
M.I.A, Born Free from ROMAIN-GAVRAS on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. Wow powerful stuff. Awesome song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus... I should just start off by saying my hair isn't NATURALLY red :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah better watch out anna, MIA's coming for you

    ReplyDelete